FHMCT organised a National Tourism Day (25th January, 2023) to raise environmental awareness and encourage the use of bicycles as a sustainable and healthy mode of transportation. This initiative, conducted by FHMCT in partnership with Decathlon and the Ministry of Tourism by Yuva Tourism Club, was a successful event and involved more than 50 participants. It was called ‘Pedal for People and Planet’. A poster competition was also organised. The cycling started from- Maharani Women’s College, Bengaluru and ended at FHMCT, MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences.
Some key elements of the event are as follows:-
- The celebration followed the mentioned route (Freedom Park- Cubbon Park- Vidhan Soudha- Bangalore Palace- FHMCT)
- Participants covered a distance of 15kms on their bicycles in an effort to promote local tourism.
- Following the event, refreshments were served and certicifates were handed over to the participants at FHMCT.
- The event was covered by Media channels like DD Chandana News.
- Medical Emergency Assistance was provided by Ramaiah Memorial Hospital.
- A poster competition was conducted on Sustainability of Environment through Green Tourism for the II semester BHM students. Winners were awarded certificates and t‑shirt